STRIVE THRU SPORTS INC.
Date: December 22, 2010
2. REGISTRATION, ACCOUNT SECURITY AND PASSWORDS
When you sign up for an account with STS, you are required to provide your real name and information. As such, you commit to the following in relation to registering and maintaining the security of your account as well as your passwords:
- You will not use STS if you are under 13 years of age.
- You will not provide any false or inaccurate personal information, create more than one account for yourself or create an account for someone else.
- You will ensure that your contact information is accurate and up-to-date at all times.
- You will not share your password, allow anyone else access to your account or do or take any such actions that may jeopardize the security of your account.
- For any username that you choose for your account, we reserve the right to remove it or reclaim it if we believe such actions are appropriate.
- If we disable your account, you will not create another one without our written permission to do so.
You are responsible for the security of your account as well as safeguarding the password that you use to access STS and for any activities or actions taken under your password. We recommend and encourage that you use strong passwords (passwords that use a combination of upper and lower case letters, numbers and symbols) with your account. STS cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with the above requirements.
In addition to the above, you also commit and agree to the following:
- You will not post unauthorized communications, such as spam, on STS.
- You will not attempt to access STS using automated means, such as harvesting bots, robots, spiders or scrapers.
- You will not upload viruses or other malicious coding.
- You will not solicit security or password information or access an account belonging to someone else.
- You will not bully, harass or intimidate other users, including posting any materials that are hateful, threatening or violent.
- You will not facilitate or encourage any violations of the law or these Terms.
3. SHARING YOUR CONTENT WITH OTHERS
STS is a web-based sports networking community, sharing Content with others is one of the main reasons why people use it. You own all of the Content that you post on STS.
Your Friends’ can see your entire profile, except for your Photos and Friends’ list (subject to your privacy settings), including your name, username, profile picture, email address, gender, height, weight, city, hometown, school, league(s) and team(s), position(s), game schedule(s) as well as posts made by. If you are not comfortable with sharing any of your Content, you should delete it (or not include it).
Some other things to remember and keep in mind are:
- Some of the Content you share and the actions you take will show up on your Friends or other users’ home pages.
- Even after you remove information from your profile or delete your account, copies of that information may remain viewable elsewhere to the extent it has been shared with others, it was otherwise distributed or it was copied or stored by other users. Your username may still be associated with comments left on STS.
- You understand that information might be re-shared or copied by other users.
- For certain types of communications that you send to other users, such as when you write messages, you will have 15 minutes after you have sent them to edit or delete them.
- When you post information on another user’s wall, you will not be able to remove it, however, if you comment on your own or another user’s posts’, you will be able to remove these comments.
4. INFORMATION YOU SHARE WITH THIRD PARTIES
Connecting With Web-Sites Via Links From STS Or From Advertisements:
You should always review the policies and practices of third party web-sites to make sure that you are comfortable with the ways in which they use information you share with them.
Sometimes the advertisers who present advertisements on STS use technological methods to measure the effectiveness of their advertisements and to personalize advertising content. You can use your browser cookie settings to limit or prevent the placement of cookies by advertisers.
5. YOUR CONTENT COVERED BY INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
You specifically agree to and grant STS a non-exclusive, transferable, royalty-free world-wide license to use your Content covered by intellectual property rights such as photos and videos.
This license will terminate when you delete your Content covered by it or you delete your account unless it has been shared with others and they have not deleted it. In such instances, this license will terminate when the Content covered by it has been deleted by all others whom it may have been shared with.
STS respects the rights of other people and we expect you to do the same. As such, you will not engage in the following:
- You will not post any Content or take any such actions on STS that infringes or violates the rights of others or otherwise violates the law.
- You will not use our trademarks or copyrighted information or any other confusingly similar marks without our written consent to do same.
- You will not post sensitive information (including identifying documents and financial information) on STS.
We can remove any of the Content you post on STS if we believe that it infringes on and/or violates the rights of others, violates these Terms or is in violation of the law. If we remove your Content that is in violation and you believe that it was removed mistakenly, we will provide you with an opportunity to be heard. If you are in repeated violation, we will disable your account when appropriate.
6. ADVERTISERS & ADVERTISING ON STS
- We will determine the size, placement and positioning of your ad, how and when it will be placed into circulation with other ads as well as the guidelines that you must follow.
- You will pay for your advertising space in accordance with our agreed upon Payment Terms.
- We do not and cannot guarantee the amount of activity your ad will receive or generate nor can we control how users will interact with your ad. We are not responsible for any improper or inappropriate actions by users.
- You acknowledge and agree that you have the right to place all ads that you advertise on STS.
- We may use your ad and any related information for marketing and/or promotional purposes.
- You may cancel your advertising space at any time, upon 60 days written notice, by contacting us via the email address above. It is your responsibility to pay for your advertising space until your ad has stopped running on STS. Depending on how users have interacted with your ad, your ad may remain on STS until users have deleted it.
- We may reject or remove any advertisement for any reason whatsoever.
If you violate the letter or spirit of these Terms, create risk, or possible or actual legal exposure to STS, we can cancel your access to your account or delete it altogether. We will notify you of this action via email or at the next time you try to log into your account.
All claims, cause of actions or disputes arising out of or relating to these Terms and STS are governed by and may be brought and resolved exclusively in the State of New York in the country of the United States of America without regard to conflict of law provisions. You agree to this jurisdiction for the purposes of litigating any claims. For any claims brought against STS related to your actions or Content on STS, you will indemnify and hold us harmless from and against all damages, losses and expenses of any kind, including reasonable legal fees and costs related to such claims.
9. USE OF STS ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS
Your usage of STS is on an “AS IS” and “AS AVAILABLE” basis and you are using such at your own risk without any expressed or implied warranties including, but not limited to, implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement.
We make no guarantee or warranty and disclaim all responsibility and liability for the completeness, accuracy, availability, timeliness, security and safety or reliability of STS or any Content thereon. STS will not be responsible or liable for any harm to your computer system, loss of data or other harm that results from your access to and use of STS.
STS is not responsible for the actions, content or information of third parties, and you release us, our directors, officers, employees, agents and successors from any and all claims and damages, known or unknown, arising out of or in any way in connection with any claim you have against any such third parties. STS will not be responsible or liable for any lost profits or other consequential, special, direct, indirect, or incidental damages arising out of or in connection with this statement or STS, even if we have been advised of the possibility of such damages, our aggregate liability will not exceed one hundred dollars (USD$100).
10. CONSENT TO COLLECTION, STORAGE AND PROCESSING IN THE US
By using STS, you consent to having your personal data transferred to, stored and processed in the country of the United States of America or any other country in which STS may operate.
These Terms may change from time to time, any revisions made to it will be available on our website at www.strivethrusports.com. These Terms were last updated on December 22, 2010.
- end -